Dairy Free Strawberry Amaretto Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This dairy free ice cream gets its rich, creamy flavor from a balance of cashews, coconut milk and coconut oil. No ice cream maker machine is required. But I do recommend using a high powered blender such as Vitamix to get the perfect silky smooth texture. The amount of fat and the alcohol in the amaretto are key ingredients that give this ice cream the right texture and density with a luscious thickness that is still easy to scoop.
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 12 Hours
- 1 1/2 cups raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey, depending on how sweet you like it
- 3/4 cup coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Amaretto
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Strawberries in syrup
- 3 Table spoons Chocolate chips
- Take the cashews from the fridge and drain water.
- Put cashews and other ingredients, except strawberries and Chocolate in Vitamix blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds.
- Put in strawberries and Chocolate chips and blend on low for 5 seconds.
- Pour into container and freeze over night or around 8 hours. Serve.
I like to serve my ice cream in a small mug. The handle keeps my hands warm and my ice cream cold. Check out my Pottery Lab for some cool mugs, cups, and other serving dishes.